Methys is a unique international technology hub with expertise in Digital, Data and Acceleration, through which we drive business performance for our clients. We are passionate about design, quality and excellent service, and pride ourselves on consistent innovation.
Years of experience: 5+
Report to: Head of Business Intelligence
Availability for travel: Yes
Location: Methys Cape Town
PURPOSE AND DUTIES
A role exists for a Senior Business Intelligence Developer within Methys South Africa with a good history and strong BI Team. The successful candidate will be permanently based in Cape Town.
Senior business intelligence developers, who form part of the Business Intelligence Team at Methys has responsibility for the development, maintenance, integration, data governance and data reporting of Methys client’s business systems and other systems.
These responsibilities include (and are not limited to):
– Background in data and business analysis
– Be analytical and an excellent communicator
– Have a business acumen and problem-solving aptitude
– Enhance client business intelligence systems to help them make better decisions
– Translate business needs to technical specifications
– Design, build and deploy BI solutions
– Maintain and support data analytics platforms
– Create tools to store data | Innovation
– Conduct unit testing and troubleshooting
– Develop and execute database queries and conduct analyses
– Create visualizations and reports for requested projects
– New Systems Development & enhancement of existing systems: designs the system per requirements, writes the code, does testing before implementation into the production environment, gets sign off, implement in production environment; Post-implementation testing and solving of problems. Provide ongoing operational and technical support of the BI/MI systems, including ETL and database design; Creation of SQL Server Tables, Stored Procedures, Views and Functions; Creation and Maintenance of SSIS packages; Development of SSAS Cubes; Development and Maintenance of SSRS Reports.
– Fixing of Errors in Systems: Fixing of system bugs.
– Systems Analysis and Technical Specification: The business identifies a need; Do feasibility studies in conjunction with the business; Do research to establish the impact on other systems; Do requirement analysis and create technical specifications for development.
– Provide User Support: Deal with user problems reported, even outside normal working hours; Assist with troubleshooting.
– Personal Development: Adhere to Training and Development Plan; Take ownership for self-development.
– Innovation: Assist in proposal, POC and final implementation of innovative technical solutions.
*Relevant Post Graduate degree is advantageous
**Undergraduate degree (or substantial progress towards one) with majors in IS/math/stats/engineering or similar. Alternatively, at least 5 years of work experience in a business intelligence role will be considered. A relevant post-graduate degree will be a strong plus
– 5+ years strong SQL experience (creation of stored procedures, functions, automation of jobs, performance tuning and optimization, RDBMS, error handling and logging, incremental data loading, change tracking etc.)
– Minimum 5 years SSIS experience (creation of complex ETL (Extract, Transform, Load) processes, error handling, loading data from various data sources (flat files, XML), integration of new data into data warehouse, precedence constraints, parameterized connections, etc.)
– Minimum 5 years SSAS experience (creation, implementation, and maintenance of multi-dimensional cubes, MDX, DAX)
– 3 years SSRS experience
– MS Excel advanced level is essential (including Excel macros)
– Knowledge of and experience with Enterprise Data Warehouses
– Be able to give accurate technical estimates
– Driving new solutions based on business requirements
– Strong communication skills, ability to mentor others
In addition, the candidate must have great problem solving and delivery orientated skills; and must be a self-starter.
– DBA experience
– Software dev background (Preferably VB.NET or C#)
– Crystal Reports
– Service broker queue
– Data analysis
– At least 2 year of project management experience
– Finance/banking sector past-experience advantages
– Able to work under pressure
– Proactive, analytical & resourceful, think outside the box
– Logical & ability to solve problems
– Excellent time-management skills
– Good interpersonal & communication skills
– Ability to deal with high volumes of stress
– Ability to adapt & be flexible
– Ability to work in a team environment
If you feel that you meet the requirements, please apply below.