French Tech Labs
Job details The French Tech Labs is a physical location dedicated to entrepreneurs and start-up incubation and to the development of disruptive businesses and services. Building on the established success of its core Cape Town component, Methys Labs, French Tech Labs is an integrated hub for digital innovation and transformation, providing in-house development engineers, business mentoring, coaching, business development, funding and access to an international network of 22 international French Tech Hubs around the globe. The primary goal is to seed sustainable start-up digital ventures and create sustainable jobs and profitable- ventures in South Africa. Why join us? You will work with a team of passionate folks (us!) on a great diversity of projects and fields, in an agile environment, with the latest technologies and frameworks. You will have great learning opportunities in a small, tightly-knit team. You will also enjoy working in a central location in Century City, close to Canal Walk Shopping Mall Responsibilities As a Marketing & Community Manager you will:
- Manage all communications from French Tech Labs to the French and South African Tech communities.
- Responsible for providing Pro-Active communications, support, use cases, and announcements to the French Tech Community in South Africa and in the Global Ecosystem.
- Manage Campaigns and initiatives to instruct the French Tech community, our South African partner and the SA tech community in South Africa on features, events and hot topics related to startups and French Tech Labs.
- Work closely with the French Tech Labs team to identify needs and wants of digital startups to positively influence our service road map.
Duties and responsibilities
- Championing our thriving startups and community
- Creation of collaborative environment among our members through events and personal introductions
- Driving growth and promotion of French Tech Labs service offerings
- Strategically develop content, messaging, and positioning around startups marketing and events
- Position the French Tech Labs and startups champions as thought leaders, speakers and tech industry experts
- Contribute content for email marketing, blogs social media, and other related to French Tech Labs events, and start-ups news.
Qualifications Minimum of three years community management or social media communications experience,
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience and practical knowledge of all major social media and video distribution platforms, and supporting applications
- Proven ability to work in a team setting and independently drive campaign efforts as needed
- Exceptional organizational and multitasking skills
- Demonstrate integrity, dependability, responsibility, accountability, self awareness, work ethic, and empathy
- Passion and understanding for entrepreneurial communities
- Ideally you will have demonstrable client-service experience.