4i is an innovative digital solutions company. We believe in leveraging technology to solve complex problems and improve lives.
4i is looking for an Intermediate Mobile Developer to join our team based in Stellenbosch, Western Cape. The successful candidate is expected to slot into our current development team and work alongside designers, client-facing team members, and oftentimes clients as well.
Roles & Responsibilities:
– Working knowledge of the general mobile landscape, architectures, trends, and emerging technologies
– Be a creative and agile team-player with a passion for product quality
– Demonstrating skills in writing and testing (unit, automation, integration) high-quality, readable, well-architected and efficient code
– Processing apps into deployment
– Use collaborative version control to manage repositories (Git and Bitbucket)
– Use Xcode as IDE to develop and debug native iOS apps
– Support the entire application lifecycle (concept, design, test, release, and support)
– Produce fully functional mobile applications writing clean code
– Gather specific requirements and suggest solutions
– Write unit and UI tests to identify and prevent malfunctions
– Troubleshoot and debug to optimize performance
– Ensure new and legacy applications meet quality standards
– Research and suggest new mobile products, applications and protocols
– Stay up-to-date with new technology trends
– Ability to perform in a team environment
– Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design, and ship new features
– Work with outside data sources and API’s
Skills & Experience Required:
– 2 – 3 years of working experience as a mobile developer
– A relevant IT degree or equivalent qualification
– Must have strong analytical, problem-solving abilities, leadership and communication skills
– Be able to prioritize tasks based on the most value-added to the digital solution and client
– A good understanding of/experience in Mobile front-end development; Backend integration; database and caching; Android & iOS related mobile application framework; XML, JSON or other markup languages; Swift and Objective C for developing iOS apps; TestFlight and Developer Apple accounts; RESTful web services; OOP/Architecture Design Skills; In-depth knowledge of Java for Android; Libraries and APIs such as CoreData, Realm, PromiseKit, Alamofire; Third-party libraries and APIs such as Realm, RetroFit, OKHttp; Building web/mobile client applications that interact with RESTful APIs; Agile Methodology and SCRUM practices
– University degree preferred but not required
– Automated testing practices
Remuneration is market-related, but negotiable depending on work experience.
This position is available immediately.