AfricArena is the first African Tech Ecosystem Accelerator and a platform for the continent’s best startups and innovators.
Business Development & Sales – AfricArena
Duration: Mid-July to Mid- January (6 months min)
Based in Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa
AfricArena is the first African Tech Ecosystem Accelerator and a platform for the continent’s best startups and innovators to showcase their world-class talent in front of an audience of both local and international investors.
The first AfricArena conference took place in November 2017. The event brought together key figures in the international and African tech innovation ecosystem with the aim of promoting African Tech excellence. AfricArena 2017 saw 450+ attendees watching over 40 speakers and witnessing more than 2 million US dollars’ worth of deals being made. The two-day conference paired more than 80 of Africa’s best startups with over 100 investors from across the globe, providing a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to really showcase Africa’s innovation talent.
This year, AfricArena is travelling to the top tech capitals of Africa in order to bring the best startups of the continent to pitch for the second edition of the Conference in Cape Town in November. More online at africarena2018.com.
Purpose and duties
We are looking for someone to aassist the team with all the sales of AfricArena 2018 (exhibition stands, sponsorship packages, partnerships and event tickets), and related tasks as business requirements come along.
Your main tasks will involve
- Market research across Africa (corporate, incubators, innovation driven organization…)
- Sales of event ticket bundles to corporates, exhibition stands & sponsorship packages, hotel room and travel extras.
- Operations: front office, invoicing, database update, reporting
- Event support: on D-day with all partners involved & logistics
- Internship, 6 months minimum – Business School or University
- Interest in Sales & negotiation (call, meetings, emails)
- Autonomous & organized – ability to manage several parallel projects
- High interest in Start-ups and the African Tech scene
You have the skills
- Previous successful experience in Sales or Business Development (needed)
- Previous working experience abroad, ideally within a start-up environment in Africa
- Professional Proficiency in English – written and oral
- Microsoft Office suite, Pipe Drive is a plus
Your profile matches? Apply at email@example.com with a resume and a cover letter.
Please use as subject “Sales Internship AfricArena: Name Surname Application”.