AfricArena is the first African Tech Ecosystem Accelerator and a platform for the continent’s best startups and innovators.
Event & Project Manager Assistant – AfricArena
Location : Cape Town
AfricArena is a conference that showcases Africa’s best startups and innovators in front of an audience of local and international investors looking for world-class talent. The second AfricArena conference took place in November 2018. The event brought together key figures to the international and African tech innovation ecosystem, aiming to promote African Tech excellence. The 2-day conference, AfricArena 2018, hosted 500+ attendees, with over 50 speakers and more than 70 African tech startups pitching for 150+ investors from across the globe, providing a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to really showcase Africa’s innovation talent.
What you’ll do
Assist the Project Manager with all aspects of the event planning of The AfricArena Tour & The third AfricArena conference: Cape Town, November 2019.
Your main tasks will involve:
- Operations : sourcing of startups, local events planning
- Marketing & Communication: content creation
- Event logistics: event planning, front office and other tasks as requirement come along
- End of study internship, 6 months minimum – Business School or University
- Autonomous & organized – ability to manage several parallel projects
- Creative & sense of design
- High interest in Start-ups and the African Tech scene
- Previous successful experience in Event Organization & Communication (needed)
- Previous working experience abroad, ideally within a start-up environment in Africa
- Bilingual French/English – written and oral
- Microsoft Office suite mastered. Photoshop, Eventbrite & MailChimp are a plus
Your profile matches? Apply at firstname.lastname@example.org with a resume and a cover letter.
Please use as subject “Assistant Project Manager AfricArena: Name Surname Application”.